About Beta Carotene
• Beta-carotene is one of a group of natural chemicals
known as carotenes or carotenoids.
• Carotenes are responsible for the orange color of
many fruits and vegetables such as carrots,
pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
• It is an antioxidant, like vitamins E and C.
• Beta Carotene is also known as Provitamin A is
important in the formation of bones and teeth.*
• Beta Carotene is also a potent antioxidant like
vitamins C and E that helps rid the body of the “free
radicals” that can destroy cells and interfere with
desirable chemical reactions.*
• Beta carotene is converted into Vitamin A by the liver
on an “as needed” basis and is water soluble (unlike
Vitamin A, which is fat soluble) which means it does
not build up in the body.
• Beta carotene also supports Vitamin A deficiency
without any problem of toxicity associated with
“mega” doses of Vitamin A.*
Beta Carotene is recommended for:
• Ocular Support*
• Immune System Support*
• Skin Health*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease